Frequently Asked Questions
Can we transfer membership meeting registration if we are unable to attend a meeting?
- Yes, meeting registration can be transferred within 3 business days of the scheduled meeting. After the 3 business days, a $20 transfer fee will be assessed. The registered attendee must contact [email protected] (or email@example.com) to announce, request, and approve transfer. Information needed: registered attendee name, credentials, type of registration, email, and phone number.
I am interested in volunteering for HAHIMA, how do I get involved?
- We are happy to know that you are interested in volunteering and are always looking for additional volunteers. Contact any HAHIMA executive board member to begin.
How can we connect with other peers and professionals?
- We attempt to color-code membership meeting ID badges so you can easily identify and find peers to connect with. Membership meetings offer the opportunity to network with others in your profession.
What does the membership meeting registration include?
- Membership meeting registration includes access to 6 CEUs, with a catered lunch and breakfast options. We have not increased meeting registration fees in several years and hope to keep costs at a minimum while ensuring you are able to gain educational knowledge and network with peers and other professionals like you.
How do you select presentation topics at membership meetings and webinars?
- Your evaluation surveys after each membership meeting are beneficial. We rely on member feedback to begin securing future presenters and agenda items. Webinar topics are also selected the same. Members may also submit presentation topic requests directly to any executive board member. We make every attempt to secure presenters to meet your needs.
Does HAHIMA offer a mentor program?
- HAHIMA currently does not have a formal mentorship program. If we have significant interest in this type of program, we will gladly consider building this program or facilitating some sort of information exchange among members.
What is the purpose and importance of the Evaluation Survey after meetings?
- Members may earn CEUs after completing the evaluation survey. The purpose of the evaluation is to receive invaluable feedback on individual presentations, in order to recognize and improve member needs. After completing an evaluation survey, the continuing education certification is released with earned CEUs. The HAHIMA Board appreciates the feedback and maintains these records for recordkeeping purposes, to support awarded CEUs.