Houston Methodist Hospital
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation’s leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
At Houston Methodist, the Director Clinical Documentation Improvement/Integrity (CDI) Program position is responsible for developing and carrying out the vision and strategies of clinical documentation improvement activities throughout all campuses. The position ensures continuing education is developed and provided to not only the documentation improvement team members at each campus based on industry and individual needs but also to providers and physicians. In addition, the position evaluates the effectiveness of the program, identifies trends, recommends goals, implements strategies, and ensures quality so the program meets the organization¿s desired metrics. The position works closely with key stakeholders in Coding, Quality, Physician Champions, and others to ensure overall clinical documentation represents an accurate picture of the patient¿s hospital stay therefore confirming both internal and external reporting of information is accurate and complete.
The Director position responsibilities include overseeing the activities of the department staff, ensuring quality, productivity, functional excellence and efficiency to accomplish strategic and operational objectives. In addition, this position is accountable for employee engagement, adequate staffing levels, budget development and compliance, staffing decisions such as hiring and terminating employment, coaching and counseling employees on work related performance, and developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure a safe and effective work environment. This position also ensures training, monitoring and operations initiatives are implemented which secure compliance with ethical and legal business practices and accreditation/regulatory/government regulations.
- Five years of Clinical Documentation Improvement/Integrity experience in a hospital setting
- Two years of management experience
- Utilization review or coding experience preferred
- For RN – Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements.
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) through the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists, Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP) through the American Health Information Management Association, or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) through the American Health Information Management Association preferred
- For Medical School graduate ¿ Must have one of the following certifications:
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) through the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists
- Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP) through the American Health Information Management Association
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) through the American Health Information Management Association
Bachelor of Science in Nursing; may consider Medical School graduate where Western Medicine is practiced
Master of Science in Nursing or other master¿s degree in a related field preferred
Please click the following link to review Houston Methodist’s benefits;
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply to the following link to submit application/resume;