Clinical Documentation Specialist – RN
Kindred Hospital Houston Medical Center (Houston, TX)
Job Number: 322522
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
- Provides assessment of all medical record documentation to ensure that a complete and thorough accounting of the patient’s severity of illness is captured.
- Works closely with physicians, case managers and other disciplines to ensure documentation within the medical record is comprehensive and complete.
- Assists the Case Management team in ensuring timely responses by the other key components of the medical care team.
- Provides integration of the patient’s medical record picture and facilitates the use of the CMR Tracker.
- Collaborates closely with the hospital CEO/Administrator, CFO, CCO, and Case Management, and staff.
- Accredited college-level course work in human anatomy and/or physiology, medical terminology, and disease processes.
- Registered Nurse with valid state license, Registered Health Information Technician, Registered Health Information Administrator, or license or certification in a recognized allied health field preferred.
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist preferred.
- Five years of experience in a Hospital setting with practical exposure to health information coding.
- Experience as a Concurrent Documentation Specialist preferred.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
For more information, please contact Michele Zaragoza at Michele.Zaragoza@kindred.com or 336-207-2544.
EOE. M/W/V/D. Drug Free Workplace.