About the Program
The Houston Area Health Information Management Association (HAHIMA) would like to award eligible HAHIMA members, reimbursement for the RHIT or RHIA exam fee. The purpose of this program is to support the needs of HAHIMA’s eligible members and to encourage students to sit for their credentialing exam. Exam Fee Reimbursement awards may vary, dependent on budget considerations and board discretion.
- Must be a member in good standing of AHIMA and HAHIMA at the time the application is submitted and at the time of the semi-annual recipient selection process.
- Pass the RHIA or RHIT credentialing exam from a CAHIIM accredited health information administration (HIA) or health information technology (HIT) program.
- Submit the completed application and required materials within three months of passing the exam.
- Must not have previously received a HAHIMA Exam Fee Reimbursement.
- Must be a resident of one of the HAHIMA service counties.
Required Attachments (to be submitted with completed Application):
- Documentation showing the date the exam was successfully passed
- Transcripts showing the date of graduation from a CAHIIM accredited health information administration (HIA) or health information technology (HIT) program
- Proof of payment of the exam (valid original receipt only)
Selection and Notification Process:
Annually during the September and March meetings, HAHIMA will select the recipients of the Exam Fee Reimbursement Program from the eligible applications received in the prior semi-annual period. The selection will be via a blind drawing and the number of recipients will be determined by the Board which will be dependent on budget considerations. Eligible applicants must be present for the drawing. After a winner is selected, HAHIMA will issue a reimbursement check.
- August selection will include eligible applications received March 1 through July 31.
March selection will include eligible applications received August 1 through February 28.
For any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org