Sugar Land Rehab Hospital
Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital is in search of an experienced coder with Inpatient Rehab or Acute Care.
Title: Coding Coordinator
Reports to: HIM Director
The Coding Coordinator reviews clinical documentation and diagnostic results as appropriate to extract data and apply appropriate ICD-10 codes for billing, internal and external reporting, research and regulatory compliance. Will accurately code patient conditions and procedures as documented with ICD-10 codes in accordance with IRF-PAI official coding guidelines and regulatory requirements.
Upon discharge and concurrently, code inpatient records and enter into MedHost or UB04 billing system.
AS or AA degree
CCS, RHIT or RHIA Certification
2-year Inpatient Hospital coding experience
- Ability to communicate in English via phone, in writing, and verbally in conversation with different levels of staff, patient families, and any outside customers.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the Facility. Must be able to move about intermittently during working hours including standing, lifting, bending, stooping, twisting, pushing and pulling.
- Must be able to transfer patients and assists in emergency evacuations.
- Interacts with patients, family members, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions/circumstances.
- Exercises Universal precautions in this hospital environment to protect against the possible exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions.
Work in the United States (Required)
Instructions for Resume Submission:
submit resumes on Indeed.com at: