National Smart Healthcare Services, Inc.
The Medical Records Clerk assists the Medical Records Department with the daily organization and uploading of consumer records.
Your job responsibilities as Medical Records/Data Entry Clerk will consist of the following:
- Receive, verify, upload, and track consumer intake packet and attachments. Send follow up emails requesting information and producing report.
- Excellent organization, record keeping, filing, typing skills; good oral and written communication skills; documentation management
- Create consumer charts and enter referral data
- Scans the medical record and chooses the appropriate information to be photocopied, if so directed
- Update consumer charts including demographic information, HAFs, and authorizations in EHR.
- Input consumer discharges into system, update chart accordingly, and send notice of disclosure to managed care organizations.
- Receive, track, and enter consent forms.
- Assist in creating and analyzing medical records reports.
- Organize and maintain physical medical record charts
- Perform quarterly consumer chart audits.
- Work agreed upon schedule. Changes must be approved by supervisor.
- Adhere to all HIPAA and organizational rules at all times regarding safety and confidentiality of consumer information.
- Additional duties as requested by management.
Qualified candidates must have a desire to make a difference in the lives of our consumers, be motivated and organized, have a positive demeanor, possess the ability to work independently, as well as, within a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment, and must be able to complete all required tasks and meet deadlines.
1-2 years previous experience working with medical records, 1-year previous experience working in healthcare office setting, experience with FileMaker Pro a plus. Prior HIPAA Knowledge Preferred, Medical Terminology class is strongly encouraged.
Associates Degree or the equivalent in experience.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Submit resumes to email@example.com