It’s that time again!
We will be awarding one RHIA Student and one RHIT Student for our annual Scholarship Award.
The Houston Area Health Information Management Association (HAHIMA) awards scholarships on an annual basis
Annual awards are made in the amounts of $1,000 to a qualified RHIA student and $500 to a qualified RHIT or
Cancer Management applicant
- Must be enrolled as a second year student in an accredited RHIT or RHIA program or an Associate Degree Cancer Management Program (traditional classroom or on-line)
- Must reside in counties surrounding the Houston area as follows: Brazoria, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris Matagorda, Wharton.
- Consideration may also be given if you reside in: Austin, Brazos, Burleson, Colorado, Madison, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker, Waller, Washington, Chambers, Hardin, Jasper, Jefferson, Liberty, Newton, Orange, Polk, Tyler.
- Must have completed at least nine (9) hours in an HIM program
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher in their major coursework
Applications and Requirement Details can be found at-https://www.hahima.org/members/scholarships
All Applications must be submitted by February 14, 2020 to www.HAHIMA.org